Tuesday, February 26, 2002

Dear God,

Good morning! Thanks for the awesome night's rest. Though I still feel tired, I'm ready, with your help, to take on the day. I'm amazed at the things you do. I cannot see them all, nor am I always aware of those things that I can see. You are so powerful, God, and I pray that you'd show your power more and more in my life and in those around me. I can be faithless at times and forget who you are and forget how really close to me you are. Lord, I know that when I don't feel close to you, it's because I've moved.

Increase my desire for you, O God! I know in my mind that I need you just as I need air to breathe. Yet I often take my life in my own hands, somehow thinking that I have a better way. Please help me not to act so foolishly. I want to obey you with all my heart.

Renew my spirit and help me to have a broken, contrite heart. Help me to deny myself today during those times I want my needs met more than helping others. I know, God, that I need to take care of myselft before I can help others, of course, but I don't want to neglect the needs of those around me.

With your help I can scale a wall. You make me great, although I am just flesh and bone, dust of the earth. With you all things are possible. With your help I will live this out today.

Love, your son,

Danny