Monday, April 21, 2003

I found this letter in an old notebook and have verified that it doesn't exist in the archives. Here's something I said on 2002 April 18, two days after my 32nd birthday.

I praise you O God, for you watch over me. You guide me in truth and righteousness. When I do wrong by straying from the narrow road, you discipline me because you love me and don't want me to hurt myself. When I disobey, it hurts you and disappoints you.

Many times I do what I want to, though it goes against your plans for me. I do this out of my pride and arrogance.

You gave me my life 32 years ago and my free will to make choices. You showed me the cross and the blood I spilled when I was 21. Though I had hear of Jesus and his crucifixion and resurrection, I never understood my responsibility. I made a promise to you to follow you and do whatever you say.

I know that I've failed in many ways since then. Yet I am able to get back up and start over again because of your grace and mercy to me. As I learn more about myself, I get more in awe of you. You are so amazing in all the things you do.