Sunday, July 04, 2004

God,

I did it. I sinned against you again. I deliberately went against what I know is right and dove in and played with fire. For what? A temporary pleasure.

This doesn't do me any good. I know in my mind that I just spat upon the cross and forsook you all over again.

Part of me doesn't see why I should hate this particular sin over another. It's not as though you make any distinction.

I know that I'm just hurting myself when I do this.

I really don't know what to say about this, Lord. I knew very well that what I was doing was wrong and yet did it anyway.

I even feel that to receive your forgiveness for wanting to start over is too easy.

Lord, I do want to start over, and I don't want to have the sinful desires that led me to commit that sin.

Please change me. I want to be made different. I want to be made new, and I want to be ready to do your will.

Help to flee from the desires that lead me toward the evil that is so prevalent around me. I want to desire you. I want to know you more.

Thanks for hearing this prayer.

In Jesus' name,
Dan