Sunday, October 27, 2002

Dear God,

Good morning, Lord! I want to thank you for this brand new day. I am very grateful that I can call you my Lord and Savior. You know all about me; you know what goes on deep within. I praise you for your power and your might. I praise you for you are a just and loving God. You give me what I need, and you are molding me and shaping me, transforming me into the image of Jesus.

It does not feel very good to go through adversity. I guess I struggle with my pride. I want to be in control of things, or at least to know what's going to happen. I have a hard time trusting. I don't always believe that you have my best interest in mind. I would rather have things be great all the time - my circumstances, I mean. I struggle with being joyful in hard circumstances. I realize that this is not something I can do by myself. That is why I need you.

I pray for my Mom as she's traveling to our house today. You know all about her, too. She really needs your help, as she is alone in her car, coming from Houston, Texas to Dayton, Ohio. Yet I know that she's not alone, for you are always watching over her, too. We really look forward to her being with us, that we all may be encouraged in seeing her again. I know Keisha is very excited, too.

Lord, this medicine I've been taking has been making me feel so drowsy all the time. I know that it is designed to help with the depression and OCD behavior, but I also pray that this and the other negative side effects would go away, and soon. I also pray to pace myself - not to plan more and try to do more than I really am able, and also not to just be lazy. Help me stick to the plan which will keep me healthy. These last few days - the weekend - it's not been the same as like throughout the week. Up so late. I guess it's no wonder I feel so drained.

Help me to love you more, O God. Help me to love myself and others, too. I pray that you will bless us so that we have nothing to worry about - give me peace of mind. I pray that I never waver in my faith. Help me to lead my family - to step up and be a mighty man of God.

Love, your son,
Danny