Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Dear God,

Hi. It's a little bit strange for me to write these words because I know you know what I'm going to write before I write it anyway. You are familiar with the adversity that is in my life. You know my struggle with depression, anxiety, and obsessive compulsiveness. You know my tendencies toward sinning in this way. You also know about our financial circumstances and everything else.

God, I want the circumstances to be different.

Also, I've had this toothache in the back of my mouth behind my left jaw, since last Thursday. In one sense, living like this 'quickens my pulse' and is keeping me alert, but I've also been so distracted from my job search and the mission you've given me.

I pray that you will renew my heart and my desire for you. God, I want things to be different between us.

I look forward to memorizing your word, storing it in my heart.

I know that whatever happens, you will bring about your deliverance, even if I have to wait until we meet in heaven.

I love you. Thank you for your sacrifice, Jesus! Help me to be in touch with that more and more.

Your son,
Danny