Thursday, September 05, 2002

Dear God,

As I've been lately finding old poetry and songs that I wrote to you a long time ago, I feel sad a little. I guess it's because I don't see myself as that person anymore. Where did he go? I used to have a lot of passion in my relationship with you, but I feel that the flame has become, at most, a flicker. I feel tears welling up in my eyes right now as I write this. I used to have life so easy, and I could spend hours in my relationship with you. It was so easy for me to pray to you, to pore over your word. Yet now I feel like I've lost that, and the thought saddens me.

Instead of devoting myself to you and building up my love for you, I've gone to other things. Even last night, I sinned against you and others by my actions. The alarming part is that I wasn't as bothered by it all as I would have been several years ago. I do feel that I understand your grace more from the perspective that I don't need to feel so accused and anxious when I've sinned, but I also see that I can so easily treat the death of your Son Jesus so flippantly that I welcome temptation.

Lord, take me back to the love that I used to have! I know that you're not done with me yet, and I praise you for your patience. I need to be led more by the Holy Spirit. I have not had a good relationship with my Conscience, and as I consider it, I see how weak it can be.

I know that Satan wants so much for me to forsake my relationship with you so that I will not love you anymore. I call out to you, O Lord, for you know me in my inmost being. You know how my mind works; you know how to encourage me. I plead with you, O God, to renew my heart and devotion for you. Please. Restore to me the joy of my salvation. I will confess my sins - I don't need them, and I will repent.

But, mostly, God, I want the emotion about my relationship with you back. When I first became a disciple, I was so much in touch with your love. I want that back. I want to be able to praise you spontaneously like I used to.

I love you, God!

In Jesus', your son's name I pray,
AMEN!