Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Dear God,

Thanks so much for this life you've given me. To be in your presence daily is so awesome. How can I count the miriad ways you work in my life? Truly you do love me, and I thank you for helping me be in touch with that on an emotional level. Thanks for the people you've put in my life to encourage me and help me to see myself from an objective perspective. I really need that because I can get so down on myself when things are not going well. I am not naturally born to handle adversity, but you are building the character in me to overcome it and change. I remember praying a lot to change deep in my character, and you are answering that prayer!

I am so glad for your grace, which is there for me when I blow it. I understand that you've not given me a license to live wildly, but rather to appreciate you more deeply. Thanks for renewing my heart, restoring the joy of your salvation, and forgiving me.

You know all our needs, even before we vocalize them. Hear this prayer and help us today.

Love, your son,
Danny