Wednesday, July 10, 2002

Dear God,

O Creator of the Universe! I praise you for your glorious creation! It never ceases to give you praise. And you have made me, a mere worm of a man, in your image with the desire that I would love you and serve you. Lord, I have committed my entire life to you, and I will continue to serve you all of my days while I'm here, and I look forward to living with you eternally in heaven.

I praise you for the glorious ways that you move in our lives! So much goes on behind the scenes, beyond our knowledge, while we sleep and awake - yet these things are not complicated for you to do. Oh, but they are complicated for me to understand.

I thank you for Jesus, your one and only, whom you gave up so that I could be forever reconciled to you. Jesus, you willingly gave yourself to meet my deepest need. And now, how much more will I be blessed because I live in you!

O Heavenly Father, you know all our needs before we even vocalise them. You know my personal needs and desires - that they flow from an unselfish heart. Yes, you are purifying me constantly. I pray for you to meet my financial needs so that I may continue to fulfill my obligation to provide for my family and meet the rest of our financial obligations. I also pray for my family to be unified in heart, mind, and purpose. Lord, you know your plans for us. I want to get out of your way so that you can do what you want to do in my life.

Oh, God - I've got so much to learn and unlearn. I've been so lazy in my relationship with you that I would not be surprised if you were to delay your blessing so that I may show myself to be serious about changing. God, I really do want the change! I am tired of living life on my own strength, and I yearn for you. I want to be filled with what you offer. Only you can truly satisfy my deepest needs.

Remove the veil from my heart, that I may see the world, myself, and you the way you do. Thank you for blessing those around me. We all are so weak and fragile, desperately needed your help. I prayf for RH and his wife DH, that you will strengthen their faith and bring about a complete healing, according to your will. But especially I want them to stand firm in you. I pray for CP's daughter, for CH's job situation, for JJ's health, and for the rest of my family. I want them all to become true disciples.

I am encouraged by good news from BH about her brother. I pray that his heart will be truly opened and you will show him your will clearly.

Bless me as I go on my journey today - make my day fruitful.

Thank you, Lord!

Love,
Dan