Friday, June 14, 2002

Dear God,

Good morning. It was wonderful to see the sunrise today as I went out for a walk with the dog. Hearing the birds sing their morning songs is such a beautiful experience.

I feel very tempted to worry about the future right now, for I have heard some things that indicate I am in for a big transition. I know I don't need to worry or be afraid of the uncertainty, because you have promised to meet all my needs. And I guess that is what I am concerned about. You know me so much better than I or anyone else, for you know what goes on inside - things about me that I don't understand you understand full well. Lord, I want to believe; please help me with my unbelief!

I also know that I can go to the other extreme - not taking care of the things I need to because you're going to do everything. Quickstart my lazy heart, O God! For I need you and I feel that need right now, because you know the plans you have for me. And while things may not happen the way that I think is best or would prefer something else, you know what is best for me.

God, I am sorry for my sins, and I know that I cannot change what's already happened. I can only change how I act right now... today.

So, as I continue with my day, help me to rest in your arms, while being alert and motivated toward responsibility. I want to please you.

With the outlook for the future unclear, and with a possible transition on the horizon - I need wisdom. I would like to know how everything is going to turn out right now - I can feel the uncertainty starting to make me anxious. Please help me to relax. I feel like I could cry again. I really need you. I believe - help me with my unbelief!

Thank you for taking care of me.

Love, your son,

Danny