Thursday, August 01, 2002

Dear Lord,

I pray this morning that you would set Jennie and I free from anything that holds us other than you. Deliver us from any memories of the past that have the power to control us or keep us trapped in their grip. Help us to forgive any people who have hurt us so that unforgiveness will not be able to hold us captive.

Set Jennie and I free from everything that keeps us from being all you created us to be. Keep us protected from the plans of the enemy so that he cannot thwart the deliverance and healing you want to bring about in our lives. Restore all that has been stolen from us until we are lacking no good thing. I know that in your presence is healing and wholeness. Help us to live in your presence so that we can be made totally whole.

Lord, I know that "though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the wapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds" (2 Corinthians 10.3-4). In the name of Jesus I pull down any strongholds the ememy has erected around Jennie and I. Specifically I pray that my wife and I will be set free from the low self-esteem we each have, in order that we may instead see ourselves completely as you see us. Set us free from this, we pray in Jesus' name. We pray for our sake that you "will not rest, until [our] righteousness goes forth as brightness, and [our] salvation as a lamp that burns" (Isaiah 62.1). Make darkness light before us "and crooked places straight" (Isaiah 42.16). You have said in Your Word that "whoever walks wisely wil be delivered" (Proverbs 28:26). I pray we will walk with wisdom and find full deliverance. Show each of us how to love and support one another well in the process.

Thank you again for hearing all my prayers. You know the desires of our hearts and what is best for us. Please, O God, let nothing stand in the way of you giving us what we need. Help us to be content and patient. Especially me, Lord, for I struggle so much with impatience. Help us to deny ourselves today, to take up our crosses and follow you wholeheartedly.

I pray for those who are sick and in need. Please restore them so that they can do your will. According to your will may it be done. Lord, you have stated that you "can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to [your] power that is at work within us" (Ephesians 3.20). May your power reign in our mortal beings today, O Lord, that you may do your wonders, both great and small.

In Jesus, your Son's Name, I pray.

AMEN!