Monday, July 22, 2002

Dear God,

I want to thank you for all your grace you've poured out to me. In your great mercy you have shown your love to me continuously. Though I have been inconsistent in my devotion to you, you have been consistent in your love for me. I praise you, Almighty God, for you have done marvelous things in my life and throughout all time. I am on this planet for a short time, and then I pass away, but you are eternal, God. You are so holy, perfect, righteous, and just. Everything you do is wonderful. I praise you for letting me see the sunrise, sunset, and the evening stars and the moon. I praise you for all the life you've created in nature. I praise you O God for your son Jesus Christ. Yes, I praise you Jesus for your humility and sacrifice. You have given me a new hope and a new life. You have given my life meaning. Yes, I know why I am here... to follow you and speak your praise.

And I will continue to speak your praise for as long as I live, and forevermore in the next life. You bless my life in so many ways.

I pray for my wife, that you will fill her up with a deep desire for you. Give her a yearning for you. Help her to remember all that you have done for her. I care so much for her, Lord, and I want so much for her to remain faithful to you for the rest of her life.

I pray for my daughter. You have blessed my life so much through her. I pray to be a good shepherd as I teach and guide her in the path of life that you have laid out for her. I look forward to seeing her become your disciple, and the many other plans you have for her life.

Lord, you know my needs; you know the needs of our family. I am looking for full-time employment here in Dayton, Ohio. I want to find work that I can catch the bus to. I want to be making at least as much money as I was before. I want to find work that I can do, but that will also stretch me. Lord, you know your plans for me. I want to be a man and provide for my family. I want to be able to meet our family's financial obligations. You know our health needs; you know our basic needs. I am grateful for the input I have received from the wise men and women you have put in our lives. Thank you for them. Yet I know that I have been ungrateful in the past, and I repent.

Left on our own, we would be lost, and prone to so many mistakes and much heartache. I praise you, O God, for your awesome love. You have given us so much out of your great love.

Lord, I long for you and for that which only you can provide. You are my Abba; you are my Father.

I love you and thank you for hearing my prayers.

In Jesus, your son's name I pray... Amen