Tuesday, July 16, 2002

Dear God,

It has been a long time, it seems, that I have prayed to you. My soul is thirsty for you. I need you so much. I am sorry for letting so many other things get me distracted from my one true purpose in life. I am so glad to have the privilege of praying to you.

Lord, I pray today that you will guide me in the work you want me to do. Help me to focus and concentrate on that which is most important, not that which seems fun at the time, necessarily.

Please continue to provide for our family. I know that you have my next assignment out there; show me where it is because I don't want to waste any more time.

I have been so self-focused lately, so near-sighted that I've been unaware and/or complacent about what is going on around me. I think of RH and DH and their family. God, please heal them, for they are so weak. I know that if they were to die they would still go into heaven. But I have to believe that maybe this isn't their time. You have more fruitful work for them to do. Lord, hear this prayer. I know that we have not been great friends to them. I want to change that. Help me to willingly give my heart to others.

You are so awesome. I love the sky at night. To see the little sliver of the moon and the stars is wonderful. You are wonderful.

God, you are in control so much more than I am, even though I try to convince myself otherwise. You can work in the hearts of decision makers for my benefit. I know that you don't want me to worry about the future. I ask you to please help me to be surrendered and let you be you.

I pray for my wife, that she would be strong in you, that you would make her radiant as she meditates on your word and your love. You have truly blessed our marriage in ways that I have never thought about. For one thing, we have a little girl, Keisha, whom you have given us to bring up. I pray for her, too. Tomorrow is her 5 year old birthday, and we look at her and see so much of your grace and mercy to us.

I pray for those that we have met and will meet, with whom we will share the message of the cross. I pray to be a reliable man of God and that you will help me to help someone change their life by the end of this month.

In your son Jesus' name I pray... Amen