Friday, August 09, 2002

Dear God,

First of all, I want to thank you for the awesome love you have for me. Despite all my imperfections, you love me with an everlasting love. I need to be reminded of this truth often, especially when I fail and hurt you because of my sin. I have sinned so much lately, and I've dragged your Holy Spirit through it, too. O God, sometimes the world is so tempting! I know intellectually that it's not worth it, but sometimes my emotions, the basis on which I often act, are such that I get deceived and take a bite of the "forbidden fruit."

I am more aware this week of the presence of filth in this world. I also realize more how powerless I am against it by myself alone. Without you, Jesus, I would have no hope. I praise you, Holy Spirit, for living inside me to will and to act according to God's good purpose. I praise you, Father, for the way you are able to work out so many terrible circumstances into something good.

Lord, help me to stand firm and be faithful. I know you give me the power already, but I need to deal with my feelings. To surrender them. God, I pray for a deeper level of surrender.

I want to be an effective instrument to bring you glory. Help me to become less, and you to become more in my life. I love you so much, O Lord, my strength!