Sunday, November 30, 2003

Dear God,

I love you and thank you for the forgiveness and grace you have given me. I sin every day, and I am weak when it comes to specific temptations. With your help I am becoming stronger. I thank you, Holy Spirit, for strengthening me throughout my days.

Thanks for your word, dear God. I see my need for it every day. Thanks also that I get to pray to you in venues such as this one, as well as many others.

Lord, I pray to love myself as you love me. I know that when I pick and cut at myself, I'm being destructive with what you've deemed as wonderful in your sight. Help me to find constructive ways of dealing with stress, anxiety, and the like, which impel me toward such behaviors.

I pray for my family to be dead-set on glorifying you. I want to obey you, and I realize that I've used way too many excuses for not living the life you've called me to live. I will hold to the promise that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Lord, I love you and thank you once more for this opportunity to pray to you. Thank you for letting me be your son.

Love,
Danny