Monday, July 26, 2004

Dear God,

I come to you with a heavy heart. I am aware that you are intimately aware of everything that goes on in my life. You know my feelings, thoughts, actions, motivations.

I am sorry that I have not done better with what you've given me. I have been selfish and prideful with your blessings. I have created more trouble for myself and those I love because of it. Being is sin is miserable.

I'm sorry for being hateful to my coworkers last night. There is really no excuse for saying the things I said. I want to change, to be different, and to start over. I know that I cannot take back my words, yet I pray that somehow, my behaviour in the future will help heal the damage done.

I know that the real enemy is Satan, not individuals.

Over and over again I see how you've tested me. I feel discouraged because I've failed.

Our family has been continually strapped financially, yet I know that I have not done enough that I can to make our situation better.

God you are aware how my brain works. Please help me to think clearly, to become more goal-striving, and to follow through. Help me to overcome the low self-esteem. Even now, I feel down on myself.

I know that I'm not seeing myself through your eyes, and I pray for that to change.

Thank you for your promises that I find in your Word. Thank you Jesus, for being a wounded healer. It helps me to feel closer to you.

I pray to find a best friend. I know that Jesus is my best friend, and my wife is, too. I don't have good relationships with other men. Even as I write this, I can think of other brothers in Christ with whom I've had close friendships. I want to have a friendship like David and Jonathan had.

Help me to overcome the scab picking. I know that I do that to compensate for anxious thoughts; please help me to change this habit.

Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Love, your son,
Danny