Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Dear God,

Good morning! Thanks so much for this brand new day. I had such a rough night yesterday; I was so depressed. But today is different.

I pray to have more faith in you, dear Father. I realize that it means more trust, more surrender. My inner being does not tend toward that at all. Please help me to trust you and believe that you are taking care of me.

I also pray for courage to face life. I have been so out of it for awhile, and I know that you say that "the righteous are as bold as a lion." I want there to be nothing in my way for leading a powerful, courageous life. That life is only found in you, Heavenly Father. For you remind me that your grace is sufficient for me and your power is made perfect in my weakness. Because of this I can rejoice! I pray then to never let the devil get a foothold on my heart. Thanks for hearing me, God!

I don't often look at my stepfamily as blessing, but more as a product of someone's mistakes. I pray that I will appreciate my stepfamily more, and love them as you love me, dear Jesus. Help me to give my heart to them.

I am also grateful for the friends and acquaintances I have from high school. I pray for them collectively, knowing that you know their needs so much better than I ever will. I pray that we could get together for our 15th year reunion this coming year. I pray that I may lead them closer to you, dear Father.

I also want to thank you for the Judicial Branch of our government. Our forefathers in their wisdom set up the three branches of our government. While a lot of stuff in the news about the court system is not that good (trial lawyers, pledge of allegiance, etc.), I know that you are in control when it comes to these leaders in our government. I pray for these members of our judicial system, that they would receive wisdom that they may judge in accordance with your will.

I also pray for our Armed Forces. I am able to live with freedom because of these individuals serving this country and fighting for what we believe in. I pray for these people collectively, as I know you are more aware of their needs than I. I know that many of them are away from their families during this time of war, and I pray that you will bless them in a special way. I pray for these men and women to be drawn closer to you, that they may have a relationship with you and be welcomed into heaven.

I pray that you will lead me to people who want to learn more about the Bible.

Thank you for my wife Jennie. I am so grateful that she is growing in her desire for you. Thank you for answering my prayer for that. I also thank you for my daughter Keisha. She is growing so much, and I know that she is imitating our lifestyles, both good and bad. I pray for her and us that we will be good shepherds of her heart.

Lord, I also pray about my mental illness. Please help me to continue to trust you and learn more about it so that I can live righteously with it.

I pray for my Mom and Dad. I pray that you will continue to take care of them and that you will open their hearts wide so that we can be effective in reaching them with the gospel.

Thanks also for Tristin, who I get to teach in our Three Year olds class on Sundays. I pray for him that you will help him to communicate his feelings more, and that he will continue to be a great helper in our class. You also know, Lord, of the needs among our church. I pray that you will meet these specific needs according to your will, and please encourage the church during this time of reflection as we embrace the coming new year.

Lord, you are incredible in everything you do! I pray for your blessing to continue to be on this day!

Love, your son,
Danny