Sunday, May 04, 2003

Dear God,

Good morning, Heavenly Father! Thank you for the great night's sleep! I feel reluctant to start my day because I was enjoying the rest so much. As I look at my wife and daughter this morning, I am convinced that I am blessed. I am grateful also to have a little puppy to take care of. I smile and chuckle as I see his personality.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us food to eat, clothes to wear, a place to rest. Thank you for all these little things that I can take so easily for granted. Thank you for freedom.

I pray for my heart, mind, soul, and strength to be devoted to you. I long for the closeness, for the intimacy in our relationship. Please renew my desire for you. Help me to see that all these other things I run after are not as important as you. Help me to be more like Mary and less like Martha.

I love you!

Thank you Jesus for loving me so much that, without any guarantee of my loving you back, you gave yourself up, just in the hope that I would turn to you.

Help me, give me strength and passion for you and your cause.

Love, your son,
Danny