Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Dear God,

As I come to you in prayer, I'm reminded of my faults. I have been a poor example of discipleship this year. I'm tempted right now to think a boatload of bad thoughts about myself. The enemy wants so badly to have his way with me. I resist him in the name of your Son Jesus.

Lord, I don't remember asking for life to be so hard. It seems like we're always going through some struggle, and I'm feeling weary.

Even as I see those words I recognize how ridiculous they are, and, yet I had to express those feelings. I know that when I run to you, I have peace. I just wish it could be a lot easier than it feels right now.

I thought about making a resolution to have no regrets for this coming year, and then it sounded so silly. I feel a lot of regret for the way I've lived this past year, and it brings me down.

I remember reading something to the effect of "making my sin count" -- I'll have to find that book entitled "The Power of Gratitude"; I think that's where I read it. I think the general idea is to not let the mistakes I've made be for nothing.

Lord, make me a better disciple. I want to have passion for you like I've not had before. I want to have better times with you in Bible study and in prayer. I want to be open about my sins and struggles with others. I want to go after accountability and confess my sins to others so that I may be healed.

Thank you, God, for your son Jesus being born. I don't want the "magic of the season" to go away so quickly. Help me to experience the wonder and awe every single day.

Thank you, Lord,
your son,
Danny