Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My Well Is Bone-Dry

Dear God,

I am sorry for how I've been behaving. I haven't really been filled with love, and I've come across as harsh toward the rest of my family.

I haven't really been filled with YOUR love, heavenly father. I guess I've been allowing myself to starve spiritually, and it shows.

I feel frustrated in trying to communicate with Keisha. Right now she only has the one hearing aid, and when we're in the car, the environmental noise is so loud that it's hard for her to hear anything that's said.

In an effort to make sure my voice would be heard, I hollered at her. This did not go over well, as you already know: I made my daughter cry.

Then I got defensive when Jennie tried to talk to me about how I behaved.

I feel as though I shouldn't have said anything. At least I could have waited until we'd stopped so that the environmental noise would not have been so great.

Whatever the case, I wasn't motivated out of love. I have not been motivated out of love for much of my life lately. More out of duty. Let's get this done so that it will be over with. Okay. On to the next problem, hassle, whatever.

I don't like this, God. Please help me to change. Help me to see how stupid it is to be prideful like this.

Make me clean and renew my heart and spirit, oh Lord. I want to love you with all my heart, mind, soul, and spirit.

I want to be faithful and believe that, with your help, I will be able to handle these things that are going on in my life. I've been relying on my own resources and not on you. I'm sorry and I repent.

Thank you for giving me the chance to be different.

Love, your son,
Danny