Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Move the Mountains

Dear Lord God,

I want to thank you for providing for all of our needs. I appreciate so much that we have food, shelter, and clothing.

Thank you so much for my wife Jennie and my daughter Keisha. I love them so much, and I'm so grateful to be a husband and a father.

I confess to you my impatience and frustration. I confess my feelings of anxiety about the future. I lift these feelings up to you, O God, that you may lift the burden that is in my heart.

O God Almighty, I know you have plans for me for my next job. I would love to not simply have a job, but to have a career. I want to provide for the needs of my family even further. Right now our monetary responsibilities far exceed our ability as a family to meet them.

Today I started dreaming about being debt-free. I imagined, just for a little bit, what that will feel like. It was like breathing fresh air. I imagined a big smile on my face and on Jennie's and Keisha's as we made that finally payment that brought us out of debt. I imagined dancing and cheering. I imagined laughter. I imagined feeling happier than I'd felt in a long time.

I believe that this can happen for us. I believe it is possible.

Lord, what I want is, no matter what job I'm in, to be able to pay these debts off by next year. I honestly look forward to being able to choose what kind of car to drive, where we live, and so forth. I believe you can help with this, not for my name's sake, but for your own glory.

So God, I ask you to move in a way that I've not seen before. Help me to be diligent, determined, and faithful. I want to do all that I can and for you to move the mountains.

Please get me my next consistent-paying job that will put us on track, during this next month. But I even believe that it's possible for you to do this before the existing year is over.

Hear my prayer, Lord. According to your unfailing love for me, for Jennie, for Keisha - make this happen.

In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen

Labels: , , ,