Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Facing a Turning Point

Dear God,

What an incredible journey I'm on! I am amazed, as I look back on my life thus far, at all the places and stages we've been through. I thank you so much for carrying me through the difficult times, and for all your blessings, grace and mercy to me.

I am at a turning point. I want to be strong and courageous, yet there is fear of what is uncertain in the future. Circumstances around me are changing my present course, and I need you. I know I can't face the challenges alone.

Already I struggle with anxiety and worry about what is to come. Please give me peace, faith, and patience, as I trust in you and your timing. As the oft spoken prayer says,

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thank you for everything.

In Jesus, your Son's name I pray,
Amen