Sunday, November 27, 2005

You are the Great Physician

Dear God,

Good morning! I praise you because you control the weather, you never have to sleep. You have blessed me with so much - I'm not even aware of everything you're doing on my behalf. How great is your wisdom - unfathomable! I'm amazed to see how you've worked things out in my life, and it's so awesome to know that you're going to keep on doing that.

I praise you for love. It is so encouraging to see it from others, and I love giving it away to my wife and daughter and other family and friends. Because of your love, Jesus died for me. I was unworthy, but you considered me worthy. I was not your friend, yet you made me a son.

As I consider my sinfulness, I know I'm not in touch. I don't think my sin is that serious because I consider your grace as a license to sin. I'm not thinking rightly about it, and, as a result, I don't change. I pray for a softer heart, a more willing heart, to serve you. Not just on days or times that I meet with others from church. I don't want to lead a double-life: having a church face on some days and a real face on others.

Yet I want to worship you wholeheartedly, without reservation. I want to be real and not fake. I know you know this is going on inside me and can help me.

I am so thankful that I have family and friends who care for me; they are a part of the blessing you have given me. I am so thankful that I have the ability to pray to you like this. I'm thankful for music; it is truly like medicine for my soul. I praise you for laughter and fun.

Please help those who need you. Specifically, those with health problems. While we would like the suffering to be removed, I know that often the journey through that is better somehow. I care for those around me who have these health concerns, and I pray that, if you don't relieve them of their pain, that you would somehow let them know of your presence, maybe in a greater way than they have felt before.

I believe you are the Great Physician, and you have the power to heal us of all our diseases - please do that, LORD, according to your will.

I pray for our financial health, that you would bless us abundantly in that area and help us to use the resources you have already given us wisely.

LORD, as the world is now in the season that we are remembering the birth of Jesus, please help us to keep that memory in the forefront of our minds, and not the subtle pull of greed, envy, strife, and other sins.

Thank you so much for hearing this prayer.

Love, your son,
Danny