Saturday, July 23, 2005

About Speech

Dear God,

Thank you for your wonderful word, which exposes our hearts. Thanks for the words that call us to control our tongues.

Today we've read about how everything we say and do comes out of our hearts. If it's good, then it comes from the good in our hearts. If it's evil, then it comes from the evil in our hearts.

Even though it's a small part of our body, it can cause great damage. That's just like a rudder to a ship, like a bit to a horse.

I'm sorry for not controlling my tongue better. Even last night, I was feeling very tired, cranky, and grouchy. The selfishness, impatience, altogether evil - overflowed in my heart. I was intolerant of very petty things, and I hurt my wife and daughter by what I said.

I'm grateful for the chance to start over, for your grace and mercy to me. Thank you, Lord, for loving me and changing me.

Please change not only me but also my wife and daughter in this way.

Love, your son,
Danny