Monday, May 23, 2005

Please help my coworkers

O Great and Awesome God,

I beg you at this time to bring comfort to my coworker, Dana. We just found out that her father, with whom she'd not been getting along, used a gun and killed himself at his job.

She was rushed home by another coworker. I don't even know what to say to comfort someone at this time. The rest of my coworkers are shocked and dumbfounded.

What hurts even more is that the last time she'd heard from her father was him calling to ask where the gun was.

I hurt for her and her family right now. I wish that I could make her and her family better. I wish for healing to occur in and around this place.

Not only is this situation going on with her, but there are so many other cases of marital strife, relationship strife, illnesses, and the like around here. Lord, we need you to move in a way that you haven't done before around here.

If you want to use me in a way to help bring you glory in these situations, then please help me to be surrendered. I feel very uncomfortable sharing my faith around these people, and I should not.

God, these people need you, as you already know. I know in your word it says that you can make things new, that you can bring about good. I know that, in the present situations and circumstances, it doesn't look and feel good.

Please help the families to get the help they need.

I ask this in the name of your son Jesus.

Amen