Sunday, June 26, 2005

Stuck In A Persistent Sin

Dear God,

I am stuck in a particular sin. I willingly go back to it. I'm selfish as I engage in it, and I really don't feel that repentant about it. My heart feels hardened by it, and I know that what I'm doing is wrong.

After I engage in this sin, I try to hide that I've done it. I've done a pretty good job of it, too.

Yet I realize that this sin can destroy me. What I get from doing it is only temporary.

I know that I'm not alone in my struggles against sin, and, while your grace is sufficient to me, it does not give me a license to go about in it.

Please help me to desire what you want me to desire. Soften my heart about this sin, and make me indignant. Help me to be alarmed, and change me. Give me the desire not for this sin but for what is righteous.

In your son Jesus' name I pray,
Amen