Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Help me to finish this work

Dear God,

Good morning. I want to praise you for never getting tired - you are always awake, and you watch over me as I sleep. I also praise you because of your knowledge - it is so vast. You are the source of everything that is good and perfect.

You have stooped down from on high to save me. You have shown your mercy and poured out your grace on me time and again. I know that I am nothing without you. It is you that makes me do great things.

Lord, you know how I behave, what my defaults are. You give me the power to change. Yes, out of your great mercy and grace, you help me to change my heart. Thank you for that.

I'm sorry for times that I've not acknowledged you, times that I've been unfaithful. I need your discipline because it helps me to not harm myself.

Heavenly Father, right now I'm feeling worried about the task that is before me. I know that I need you right now. I know that it is you that helps me to do the work, and I really need that.

Please help me to focus and have clarity of mind to finish this work. I beg you, not for my sake, but really for your sake - that this would not be something that hinders me in my walk with you.

Thank you, Jesus, for your great sacrifice. Thank you Holy Spirit for abiding with me.

Love, your son,
Danny