Monday, December 05, 2005

Prayer to Start off the New Week

Dear God,

Good morning!

Thank you for the new day. I praise you because you make all things new. You never sleep, and you are alway working, demonstrating your greatness and love to us.

The bitterness of the weather contrasts with the hazy, hot, humid days of summer. You cause the seasons to occur. Every morning there is the sun, and every evening darkness falls.

You are so reliable. And I know that you are the God of the Bible, and you have fulfulled your promises and will fulfill your promises.

You cannot lie, and you don't ever go against your nature.



I confess to you that I don't have what it takes to be a true follower on my own. It is so easy for me to be independent and not let other people in my life, yet that is not your plan. It is arrogant of me to live that way, and I'm sorry.

I also know how easy it is for me to take what I've been given for granted. I have been richly blessed, and I'm going to be blessed more and more because that's who you are. Just as I love to give things to my child, so you love to give things to me.

I'm sorry for ways I've tried, overtly and subvertly, to manipulate you and take advantage of this relationship I have.

Thank you for your forgiveness and that you've never given up on me. Thank you for all the second chances. Thank you for letting me have a relationship with you in the first place. Thank you for all the things I'm able to do and those I'm able to do well.

Thank you for showing me areas where I've messed up, so that I can change

Lord God, Heavenly Father, please help me to change. Please help all of us to see ourselves the way you see us. Please help me to be serious about temptation and to run far away from it.

I pray for Kathy U. and her family. Please help her as she is undergoing cancer treatment. Please help those who've lost loved ones recently, or who are feeling sad because this time of year reminds them of what they have lost.

Please bless our days and use me to encourage and lift up others. Help my light to shine into others, and for it not to be just a seasonal thing, but something that lasts.

You give me the oil in my lamp to keep it burning. I love you, Lord. You are awesome indeed.

Thank you, Jesus, for being born so that you could die.

It's in your name that I pray,

Amen