Thursday, January 02, 2003

Dear God,

My soul is like parched earth. I didn't spend time praying to you yesterday, and I can really see my need for you.

I pray for my prayers to you to be more consistent and that I would be obedient to your scriptures. Lord, I also know that you have great vision for me and are so disciplined in everything you do. I'm not like that, but I want to change and become more like you in that. Give me vision and discipline that I may be a better servant to you.

Thank you for all my brothers and sisters. Thank you also for my cousins. Some of them I haven't seen or heard from in so long. I know that they need you in a big way, yet I'm not surprised to see the paths which they have taken. Lord, I want to be closer to them and to be more relatable. Please help me in this area.

Thank you also for putting Sainte and Ruth in our lives. I want to imitate their marriage and their overall spirituality. Please help me and my wife to be humble and teachable. I pray for Ruth, that you would help her with her illness to continue to persevere. I pray that you would better equip Sainte with what he needs to be a better husband to her.

Thank you for President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, and Governor Bob Taft. These men serve in our government on a national and state level because you have set them up there. Lord, these men have such an important role in our society, and I ask that you would give them all lots of wisdom. Please help them to make right decisions, since their decisions will affect many, many lives.

Thank you also for the police departments. Help me to respect the highway patrol officers and to support these men and women as they do their best to enforce the laws of the land. I pray that you would bless the detectives and investigative staff as they work to solve crimes. Please use these men and women to make our community safer. I also thank you for the business leaders we have in the community. These men and women make important business decisions that affect our local economy. As an employee and a job seeker, I appreciate the work that they do, and I pray that they would make decisions that have a positive effect on our local economy. Please give these leaders wisdom as well.

Lord, help me in my outreach, to find those searching for you. Please put the mission on my heart.

I pray for Jennie, that you will continue to bless her in her work. I am so grateful for her friendship and love. Please bless every aspect of our marriage, especially those areas that are weak. I pray for Keisha, that you will help her to develop self-control. I am so encouraged by how much she is growing, yet I do not want to push her into growing up too fast. Please continue to give Jennie and I wisdom that we may shepherd Keisha's heart more effectively.

Thank you for my Mom. I am grateful that she's living with us, and I frankly feel rather spoiled. For nearly 22 years I have not lived with her, and now she lives with us. Please help my Mom to feel welcome and that she is contributing to our family's well-being. I know that she would like to better contribute financially, but we understand that she is just not able to at this time. Please give her wisdom as she decides what to do - as far as her financial future is concerned. Specifically, I pray that you would make it absolutely clear whether she should declare herself to be totally disabled or just partially disabled. You know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for my Dad. I love him so much, and yet I have a hard time getting close to him. Please remove all stumbling blocks that hinder me/us. Help me to be open and honest with him, especially about my feelings.

I again want to thank you for the class of Three Year Olds that I get to help instruct on Sunday mornings. I pray for Carson, that you would help him to develop close friendships with other kids his age, especially those with whom he attends church. I know that he loves being around these other kids, and I pray that you will bless him more and more. And please bless his family, especially since they are expecting a new baby. I pray that this pregnancy will go well for them.

God, I want to pray for the internet outreach. Through the internet we've been able to remove geographic barriers. I pray that, as disciples of your son Jesus, we would continue to share our faith over the internet. I also pray for the seeds we plant to be well-watered, and for you to make them grow. Yes, Lord, I pray for there to be a great harvest of souls as a result of our internet outreach.

Finally, dear Father, I pray for those who are chronically ill. Their suffering can be very depressing at times. I pray that you will give us all comfort where needed. I pray for us to have access to great medical care where neeeded. And Lord, if it is your will, I pray that you would bring about total healing. In the meantime, please continue to give us strength and grace.

I love you, Lord, and I thank you for letting me come before your presence to pray to you.

Love, your son,
Danny