Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Father,

I have so much about which to thank you. You have shown me through the example of Joseph, that you are indeed at work in my life. You are working to mature my faith in you. I deeply believe that you are working every problem in my life out for the good. Although I cannot see it, I don't need to. I just want to let you be you, because I know I can't.

Thank you for letting me worship you. Because of your new covenant, I can worship you whenever I want to. Lord, I praise you for virtues of wisdom, sincerity, and courage, and I pray that these would better describe my life. Please continue to build these into my character, Almighty Father. I also want to thank you for our household and the family group you have set us up in. I am so grateful for my wife, my daughter, and my mom. I am truly blessed as I consider them, and I want to thank you for blessing me through them. Thank you for my friends Art H., Jeff I., Jeff D., and the many high school alumni I've been able to keep in touch with.

I am so grateful that you're in control of what goes on in our government. You alone are sovereign. You set up leaders and you depose them. Thank you for the leaders in all three branches of our government. I pray for you to give them wisdom, courage, and integrity to know and do what is right. Especially during these times, Lord. I also praise you for the state senators and representatives you have instituted over us. I really want to thank you for taking care of our armed services. During this time of war, they especially need your guidance.

Lord, please use me to reach others around me for you. I want to help fulfill your great commission. I also pray for my mental illness - it appears that I am not that strong to handle all the stresses in my life, but I know you give me exactly what I can handle. Lord, increase my faith! Thanks for my Dad - for making him my dad. I am a lot like him, and that is no accident. Thank you for those qualities you've placed in me. God, I am thankful for the class of Three year olds I get to help teach at church. I am excited that I get to see them tonight. I want to pray specifically for Jasmine H., that you would help her to continue to grow and be more outgoing. Help her to give her heart to the other boys and girls in class.

Lastly, Father, I want to pray for the poor in and around us. I pray for a heart to serve them. Use me to bring them hope, dear Lord. I also pray for those who are disabled, that you would continue to show them your glory, even to the point of bringing about a complete healing, if that is your will, O Lord. I also pray for those who work with my daughter Keisha, at her school. Please help the transportation, cafeteria, and office workers, along with her teachers, to care for and teach Keisha so that she will grow into a wonderful girl. Lord, you are doing that so much already. I pray that you will use Keisha to encourage and inspire those around her, just like you are doing already.

God, you are fantastic! You are excellent! You are magnificent! You are glorious! You are AWESOME!!! And I thank you for loving and caring for me.

Love, your son,
Danny