Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Dear God,

I am very grateful to have a relationship with you. I've been feeling down lately, and it's because I neglected to stay up on my meds. I'm grateful to have the meds now, and I pray that they do their job. I've felt so many negative emotions lately, largely as a result of being off my meds over the weekend.

Today at the therapist's office, I felt so angry, frustrated, upset, and tempted to fly into a rage. I didn't feel like taking responsibility for stuff I was responsible for. I wanted to be a victim, but I am thankful that I could see the foolishness of it.

Lord, our circumstances suck right now. They are really awful. I am grateful for what you have provided for me and for my family, but I really wish that the other stuff would be much different. I don't like not being able to pay bills. I don't like having to screen our phone calls so much. I don't like being rude to these people.

I'm having a hard time seeing how any of this will turn out for good, but I know that you will. Maybe not as I would like it, but you will nevertheless. I really pray for peace and motivation to continue doing what I need to do. To be proactive and take responsibility for what I can control. Please help me to surrender and help me with my lack of surrender. I know that Satan wants to trash me and destroy me. Please keep him at bay.

I realize that trials help to strengthen me, but geez, this sure hurts. I would like things to be so much different, to have better financial security, to be able to save money and be generous. Perhaps that is not your will for us right now. Whatever the case, please continue to provide for us. Help me not to be prideful but to ask for help and use the resources you've provided me.

Thanks for hearing me pray. Help me to be attentive to your will. I want to be a good listener and to be ful of your Spirit. Lord, I love you and I thank you for making such an incredible sacrifice for me in giving up your Son Jesus.

Please help me to not take this for granted.

Love, your son,
Danny