Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Dear God,

I don't remember asking specifically for the migraine, but I got one anyway. I'm not sure whether they will be coming more often now or not. I suppose that this is something more to learn about. Even so, I'd like to say I feel AWESOME about having it. To do so, however, would be lying. I want to be grateful for whatever you allow to happen in my life, if only that it can draw me closer to you.

God, I'm beginning to cry now. I wasn't even thinking about it when I started this letter, but now I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I feel like we are going through a lot of stuff here, and, while there are some glimmers of light, things still feel pretty dark in a lot of places.

It looks like we're going to try to sell this house. This house, our very first house, our shelter, our abode. I hate moving. It's always such a hassle to move belongings and stuff from one location to another. Help me with my heart, O God. I have a little over a month and a half of unemployment compensation left, and then it's all gone.

I'm faced with looking at the future and not feeling tied down to having to get a certain "high-paying" job. I would love to be able to start over again, and that's what the lady from Lutheran Social Services was talking with us about yesterday. I praise you, O God, for always taking care of us.

Even with this migraine, I've had some time to dream while resting in bed. What if we could start all over financially?

It's almost like when I became your disciple. I wanted to leave my sin and evil ways behind me and start brand-new.

In a lot of ways, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I don't think I want to be doing all that I've been doing. I think I need to be around people and shaping and molding young children -- a teacher.

God, I may have very well been in the wrong career field for most of my adult life. I'm reminded of Irene's musings about the gifts you give us and how they relate to what we need to do in life. Lord Jesus, I could just hug you, because I'm experiencing a paradigm shift. I'm scared in some ways, but I pray that it just draws me closer to you.

I thank you Holy Spirit, for being the presence of God in my life. I pray to submit to you on a deeper level every day.

Love, your son,
Danny