Saturday, June 14, 2003

Dear Lord,

I want to pray right now for my mom. You are fully aware of the pain she is in. I cannot truly relate with that type of pain, but I know you understand. I am so grateful that you gave her to me. I am also very grateful that she's been able to live with us since last October.

There is so much going on in her life, God, and I feel for her. I hurt in my hurt because she is hurting. I know there is a lot that she wishes she could do, but she cannot because she's felt so poorly.

I pray that, if it would be your will, you would relieve her of the pain that she has. Let her be functional once more.

I pray this as a tear falls down my cheek and more well up in my eyes. I love her so much.

God, I pray that you will help her with the emotional stuff she's dealing with. Being ill can be depressing in and of itself, but I know there is other stuff going on. I pray that whatever medicine she's taking will be the right medicine for her.

I love you, Lord, and I thank you for hearing my prayer.

In Jesus', your son's name I pray,
AMEN