Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Father in Heaven,

I praise you this morning because I know on a deeper level my need for you. I know that if not for you I'd be nothing. All that is good in my life is because of you.

I lift you up because you are fully aware of what goes on in my life. You know me inside and out. Everything I think and do - you are aware of it.

I need you more than I need air, water, and food. I need you more than anything in my life. The world can collapse around me, but because of you I can stand.

I love what you do in my life. I am so blessed because of your lovingkindness. I feel so weak in my infirmities and I need you to sustain me.

Every day I deal with the mental illness is another day I recognize how fragile and needy I am. God, every fiber in my being wants to be in control of the mess around me. I am afraid of what can happen if I'm not in control. I know these thoughts are irrational, yet I need to be open with you about them.

Please help me to surrender more and more to you. I want the peace that passes understanding that you can provide. Help me to trust in you and to believe that you have my best interests at heart.

Help me to be open and vulnerable with the people you've put in my life. I don't like being emotional around them because I cannot control my emotions. I feel so weak when I get emotional around other people, and I am afraid that when people see me as weak, that they will want to take advantage of me. I've been hurt by other people who saw me in my weakness, and I don't want to be hurt again.

I am so glad I've been able to express what is going on. I know in my mind that, even if others would use my weakness to their advantage, you are still in control. Help me to trust you that everything is going to work out. I want to value you your opinion of me over that of anyone else.

Thank you for hearing my prayer, as I offer this up to you this morning.

I truly love you, and I am grateful that this love is growing.

In your Son Jesus' name I pray,
Amen