Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Lord Jesus,

Even in coming before you I feel so much in awe. I see how badly I need you. I feel want of the spiritual drink that you can offer. My soul thirsts for you, and I long to be near you. I want to forsake my sinful life to be with you. I reach out to you, and I know that you see me. O God, let me feel your presence! Show me your glory, not so that I will be "up", but that I can shake off the lies that satan wants to entangle me with.

I feel emotional, dear Jesus, in approaching you. I sense my lostness, the lostness that would be there were it not for you. A tear falls down my cheek as I write this. You alone mean everything to me. I seek you, O God. I want the enounter with you to not end. Another tear falls down my cheek as I write this.

God, I want to forsake my sinful life. I want to be free of the burdens of life. Sometimes it feels like more than I can handle, but if so, you show me the way out.

I praise you for the encouragment given me by my sister in Christ, Laura S. She has reminded me that you have already won the greatest battle. I need to fight the smaller battles, and I have your help. I recognize that the biggest problem I have is that I let satan tempt me into believing his lies. I can so easily be duped, my Lord. I find it so easy to listen to his wispers that I ignore you loudly proclaiming your promises to me.

I'm so sorry that I haven't been trusting you with the vital areas of my life. I repent of my sinful thinking. You're helping me to see more clearly. I praise you for making life with you so simple. Thank you for being there, Lord. Please help me to be aware of your constant presence in my life. I want to draw near to you when I get tempted, and not give into temporary meaninglessnes.

You are my God, and I am forever your son,
Danny