Monday, January 13, 2003

Heavenly Father,

Your grace to me comes in so many ways. I praise you for all of your goodness. I want to be more in love with you. I want my relationship with you to deepen and to be deeper than it ever has been before. I want to know you on a deeper level, to be more and more aware of your presence, to be in awe of you. I truly believe that with that, many of my temptations and desires to sin will go away. The closer I am to you, the easier it is to live righteously.

O my God, you are incredible! There are things that you can do that are so much beyond my understanding. I look at images from space, and I am awestruck, knowing that the universe is so easy for you to manage. I am instantly humbled by the environment surrounding me. You are doing a lot more than I realize.

Please help me to see your work throughout my days. I long to be with you in heaven to give you a big hug.

I thank you for all your discipline. You show me that my sin is not without consequences, and I'm sure that I'm not through experiencing them. Yet I know that you do this out of love; please help me to see my circumstances and the events of my life through this godly perspective.

Thank you for all your mercies, Lord. I truly give you praise and honor. Glory be to you, my dear Father, my Abba, my Daddy.

With a big hug from me, I am,
Your son,
Danny