Sunday, August 05, 2007

Prayer for help in relating to child

Dear God,

Thank you for the rain outside. I know we really need it.

I am having a lot of trouble relating effectively to my 10-year old daughter. It's no longer the "obey the first time" talks I used to have with her when she was much younger, and I keep wondering why we're arguing so much.

I'm grateful to my wife for being around because she has an objective point of view on things. I realize that I don't have everything on straight, and even in my own interactions with my daughter, I'm not doing what is right.

Please help me to be patient, Lord. Please change ME so that I can better shepherd my daughter's heart and lead her to you. Especially while we still have her under our wing, so to speak. I know that I can do much better at that. I want everyone in our family to have a passion and zeal for you, like I remember having when I was younger.

Thank you for hearing my prayers.

In Jesus' name,

Amen

Labels: