Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Casting Off Anxiety

Dear Lord,

I come before you with anxiety in my heart. I know you know all things and that you rule over nature. You are the Sovereign Lord.

I am concerned about our personal financial situation. We don't have enough money to pay and get current on our bills. We get phone calls regularly from creditors, and we've come to dread the phone ringing.

We have a car that is very old and shows its age. Currently, the heater motor is not working as we need it. It's cold outside, and we've had to limit our travel because we have been unable to see out the windows.

Moreover, I am as usual concerned with my wife driving throughout the night, in inclement weather, in a car that has this situation.

As you know, I work 1+ hours from home, and the company has been on me about not getting to work by 8:30.

----

I know that I have sin in my heart. I confess my sin that I have been unfaithful and have not been zealous for you. I have not led my family passionately. I have been lazy. I have been impatient. I could go on and on.

Where could I go but to you, O God? Only you can take away the guilt of sin. I'm sorry for willful sin I've committed, and I'm sorry for unconscious sin.

Please make me as white as the snow and renew my mind and heart. Help me to be the man you need me to be. I know that I'm better than I think I am. I know that I can do more than I think I can. Help me to think BIG.

Thank you, Heavenly Father.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Labels: ,