Sunday, August 17, 2008

Prayer for one who has crossed over to the other side

Dear Heavenly Father,

This morning you welcomed home a brother in Christ. We all knew this day would eventually come, and it is indeed a bittersweet moment. We're glad he gets to live with you, but we miss him not being here.

I pray for those left behind that you would wrap your everlasting arms around them and provide them with comfort, for you are the God of all comfort.

I know there are numerous details that must be attended to, and I pray that you would give wisdom to those making decisions. I also know that as sinful people, we all need your help in times like this. Please help the family to do what it needs to do.

In addition, there will be many months of grieving. Lord, I pray that you will help the family grieve. I know this is natural. Help them to know that the pain they feel is real.

Lord, you are an awesome God! I look forward to the day I get to be in heaven with you. Thank you so much for your Son Jesus, who died and rose again.

Because of that, I have a relationship with you, and because of that, I have hope.

It's in His name I pray this.
Amen

Labels: , , ,