Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Please help my crushed spirit

Dear God,

I've had my spirit crushed, and it really hurts. Someone I love and care about deeply said something very hurtful to me in anger.

We were upset at each other. It started off over something petty, but something that has been bothering me for some time. I saw an opportunity to express my frustration that an expectation I have has not been met. I feel respected when this is ordinarily taken care of, and it seems so easy to do.

This blew up into something I didn't expect or want to. She said things, and I decided to move myself from the situation. Then she said the thing that took the wind out of me. Maybe she didn't mean for it to be hurtful, but it sure did.

She has since apologized, and I told her I want to forgive her, but I'm dealing with the hurt right now.

I will forgive. You've forgiven me for even worse, Lord.

Right now I want the hurt to go away. I know the enemy wants to use this as an opportunity for defeat. And I can feel the temptation to use this guilt she who hurt me against her.

He will not prevail. I am not defeated and you are much bigger than that, my commitment to you will not let this happen.

I pray for the other who witnessed all of this. She hates when this happens. Please comfort her soul, Lord.

Thank you, Lord, for loving me, for giving me so much!

And thank you for healing my broken spirit!

In Jesus' name,
Amen